You can create forms in MC Professional to:
- Collect and process payment
- Process membership applications and renewals
- Register event attendees
- Collect survey data
This article outlines how to create, and configure, a form in MC Professional. It also covers how to add and configure form elements and sections.
You can use the same form for membership applications, renewals, and event registrations.
To create a form
1. Navigate to Forms > Form List. Then, click the CREATE FORM button.
2. Click the Form Name field to give the form a name. Then, under Setup Options, you can select:
- This form will be used for membership, or
- This form will be used for event registrations
You can select one or the other, both, or neither. Selecting either option pre-configures the form to include either a membership and/or event section. If you're using the form for a different purpose - such as a survey - you can leave these options blank.
3. Click SAVE. On the following screen, you can configure form settings.
To configure form settings
On the left hand column click the Form Settings tab. The form builder displays the form layout chronologically, the same way the form-taker would experience it. The form displays top-down, and except for the Name and Address field, all fields display in a one-column layout.
- Form Name: The name of the form. This displays internally, in your form list, and on your website
- Form Description: A description of the form that displays internally, in the form editor
- Form Alias: The form’s alias is how the form is accessed by admins and members on your website (e.g. your-domain.com/2015-conference-registration). In this example, 2015-conference-registration is the form’s alias
- Publish Form: Toggle this option ON when the form is ready to use
- Enable form expiration date: To set a specific expiration date, toggle this option ON
The form remains published until the date specified in the Enable form expiration date field. An Expiration Date of 09/30/2017 will switch to unpublished on 10/01/2017, when the end-date is through.
Click Edit Group Permissions to set which member groups can access the form.
Click Add Date-Based Pricing Rule to create date-based pricing for early-bird specials or late registration rates.
Click Add Discount Code to create discount codes that override all other pricing on affected fields.
Under Forward URL, you can forward users to the URL specified when they complete the form.
To add form elements
Form elements include form fields and sections that you can drag and drop onto the form builder.
Click the Add Form Elements tab. Sub-tabs include:
- Built-ins (built-in attributes)
- Custom Attributes
- Form Fields
- Presentation (form sections and dividers)
Adding built-in attributes
The Built-ins tab contains the built-in attributes found your database. Drag and drop a built-in attribute to add it to your form. Built-in attributes are dynamically linked to your member profiles. When a new user fills out a built-in attribute field on a form, the information automatically populates in the member's profile.
Adding custom attributes
The Custom Attributes tab contains the custom attributes found in your database. Drag and drop a custom attribute to add it to your form. Custom attributes are dynamically linked to member profiles in your database. When a new user fills out a custom attribute field on the form, the information automatically populates in the member's profile.
Adding form fields
The Form Fields tab contains custom form fields that you can add to your form. Information collected in a form field is saved in the submissions list. Form fields are not linked to member profiles. Data input into these fields do not automatically populate in the member's profile.
To view submission details in bulk, you can export these fields in the submissions list.
Adding presentation sections
The Presentation tab contains form elements that affect the visual layout of the form. You can drag and drop the following presentation elements onto your form:
- Event section
- General section
- Horizontal line
- Page break
- Review Panel section
- White Space
Configuring form elements
Click on the element in your form to configure its settings. This could be a:
- Built-in attribute
- Custom attribute
- Form field
In the below example, we confgure settings for the Birthdate field. On the left hand-side toolbar - in the Element Properties tab - you can configure its settings.
To add and configure form sections
Click Add Form Elements > Presentation. Form sections you can add:
- Event Section
- General Section
- Review Panel Section
Login, Summary, and Payment sections do not appear in this list and are included with every form. Membership section does not appear in this list. A form must be created as a membership form for a membership section to display.
Click Properties on the login section. On the left side column you can:
- Toggle ON or OFF Enable Login section
- Set the Login Type in the dropdown menu:
- All Users: Allows both members and non-members access to to the form
- Existing Users: Allows existing members access to the form
- New Users: This allows non-members access to the form
- Toggle ON or OFF Multiple submissions. This allows the form-taker to submit the form multiple times
To edit the Login text, click on the text box in the login section. On the left hand side you can:
- Toggle ON or OFF Enable this Element
- Click Edit Label Text to open an editor, and edit the text on your login section
Membership sections are used for:
- Non-members to apply for membership
- Current members to renew their membership
This section is used by members in both individual and organization memberships. This section won't display for active members, who are not in their renewal period. Members must be in their renewal period to take a renewal form.
See the following help article for more information on setting up a membership form.
You can add an event section to a form to accept event registrations. With an event registration form, a form taker can:
- Register for an event
- Register a guest for an event
- Register multiple profiles for an event
- Pay for add-ons associated with the event
You can add an Event section after a form is created. To do so, click on the Add Form Elements tab > Presentation > drag and drop an Event Section onto your form. Then, click Properties on your Event section.
See the following help article for more information on setting up an Event form.
A Summary section is included with each form. Click Properties on the form section to configure this section's settings. On the front-end, this sections allows your members to enter Discount Codes, if available. Click Add/edit Summary Fields to select and display which fields display in the form summary. On your website, the form-taker can review their form selections before moving on to the payment section.
This section includes credit card payment fields. Click Properties on the Payment Section to configure payment settings. In this section you can:
- Select a payment processor from the Payment Processor dropdown menu
- Select an invoice template from the Invoice Template dropdown menu
- Toggle ON or OFF Enable pay later with invoice. This option opens an invoice for the member. The member can log-in through their profile at a later date to settle the invoice
- Toggle ON Override invoice template's due date to select a different date that these event invoices are due
This feature is only available on event forms.
In the payment section, click the Click here to see an example hyperlink to view how the payment section displays on your website.
This section includes settings for the confirmation page and email. The confirmation page appears after the form-taker submits their completed form. The Confirmation email is sent directly after the form-taker submits. In this section, you can:
- Toggle ON or OFF Enable confirmation section
- Toggle ON or OFF Enable confirmation email
- Click Edit Confirmation Email to open an email editor
To edit the confirmation page, click on the text box inside the confirmation section. On the left hand column, click the Edit Confirmation Page button to open an editor.