What is it?
A membership form can be used for three purposes:
- Adding new members to the database as a particular Member Type
- Renewing individual membership
- Renew organizational membership with linked profiles
This form will also establish a Join Date and Expiration Date for the member, allowing for the automated renewal process.
How to Access
Navigate to Forms > Form List
Creating a Membership Form
1. To begin creating a new membership form, click ‘Create New Form’.
2. In the ‘Create New Form’ window, add your Form Name (required), Form Description (optional) and check the appropriate Setup Option(s). Click Save.
3. Configure the Form Settings in the left hand side of the Form Builder.
Form Name: Name of the form that will display on the form page and internally.
Form Description: A form’s description displays in the form editor for admins.
Form Alias: The form’s alias is how the form will be directly accessed by Admins and members. For example, your-domain.com/2015-conference-registration. In this example, “2015-conference-registration” is the form’s alias.
Publish Form: Toggle this option to ON when the form is ready to use.
Enable form expiration date: Toggle this option to ON and set a date if you want the form set to inactive automatically on a specified date.
- Permissions: Click Edit Group Permissions to set the Groups that have permission to use the form.
- Date-based Pricing: Click Add a Date-Based Pricing Rule to create date-based pricing for early-bird specials or late registration rates. This article will walk you through configuring date-based pricing.
- Discount Codes: Click Add Discount Code to create discount codes that override all other pricing on affected fields.
Membership Discount Codes: For membership discounts, select the Membership tab, and add the discounted price for each Member Type you wish to discount. Only applicable Member Types will appear based on their pricing structure.
See our Discount Code article here to see how to set these.
- Forward URL: Enter the URL to forward users to at the end of the form.
All form functionality will take place in the sections on the righthand side of the form.
We recommend enabling the login section unless the form is an anonymous type form, like a ballot or anonymous survey.
- Existing Users: will allow existing members to log in
- New Users: will allow non-members to access the form
This section handles applications (for non-members), renewals (for people who are in their renewal period), and will not display either option for members in good standing who are not up for renewal. The form will handle both individual and organization memberships.
Text within each section in the Membership section is able to be customized by clicking into the box and using the WYSIWYG on the left.
For new members joining, you can configure which Member Types are available for them to join.
After choosing the Member Type, Membership Options and Auto Renew will display if applicable.
If the application form is being used by individuals and organizations, you can add specific fields to the organization area that you want to capture for the organization, and specific fields you want to capture for individuals.
Fields with a silhouette indicate that they are tied to an attribute. Fields with a red asterisk are required.
When adding address or phone number fields to the individual section, use the Labels on the left under properties to determine which options show. For example, if you want both the Work and Home address to display, set both labels to "Available."
This section includes an area for the member to enter any Discount Code and you may enable Summary Fields. If you click ‘Properties’ in this section, in the element properties on the left, you can choose to Add/Edit Summary Fields to configure the fields that appear in the Summary so that the member may review what they entered before moving on to the payment section.
This section includes credit card payment fields. The Name and Address sections will pre-fill with information captured in the Membership section. If you click ‘Properties’ in this section, you can add the Payment Processor and Invoice Template.
This section includes the confirmation page that will be seen once a member submits the form. Just click on the section to edit the text in the Element Properties. If you click on ‘Properties’ in the section, you may enable the confirmation email, which can go out automatically once a member submits the form.
Please sign in to leave a comment.