Because we value data security, MemberClicks will be updating its admin password security policy soon according to the following guidelines:
- Password must be at least 10 characters in length
- Password cannot be easy to guess or match a database of commonly used passwords
- Password cannot match user name
Note: This enhanced security will apply to all admin profiles, but will also apply to any member who is assigned to a group that has admin permissions.
If your current password does not meet all of the above criteria, you will be prompted to create a new password for your account. When creating this new password, the following tips will help ensure you’ve selected something strong:
- While 10 is the minimum required characters, the longer your password is, the stronger it will be
- To create a memorable password that is still hard for others to guess, stringing together four or more seemingly random words that mean something to you can be helpful
For example: think of a favorite activity, vacation, mantra, etc, and string together a few random words that remind you of those things - it will be easier for you to remember, but difficult to guess.
While this method of stringing together random words is a great practice, be sure to avoid using common phrases, as these are also easily guessed. Examples of weak passwords would be “an apple a day”, “live laugh love”, “the cat in the hat”, “I love my kids”, and so on.