On this page
- To transfer your custom domain to another hosting service
- To transfer to another email host
If your email and custom domain services are currently hosted by MC Professional, this article details what information our support team needs to collect from you, so we can provide you with the information needed to transfer services. Once we provide you with that information, you must connect with your new domain or email host to complete the transfer.
To transfer your custom domain to another host
Please reach out to our support team with the following information:
A full list of domains you would like migrated away from our services. This includes any aliases that may have been purchased and parked on your behalf.
Our support team will confirm if we manage both your domain registration, and domain name system (DNS). To exit these services, you will need to have a new provider for both domain registration and DNS management. For assistance with the transfer of your domain registration, our team will unlock and provide the transfer key. To transfer your domain, you must provide the transfer key to your new host.
To avoid downtime on your site, we recommend that you keep the current nameservers (a server in the DNS that translates domain names into IP addresses) at the time of transferring your domain registration. Once the DNS records are set up under your new service, you may update the nameservers from your domain registrar to point to your new domain host. If you're not ready to terminate your MC Professional website at the time of updating your nameservers, you must maintain our DNS records under your new service:
- Create two A Records for the root domain (enter "yourdomain.org", without "www") pointed to 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52. If you are only able to use one IP address, use 184.108.40.206.
- Create a CNAME Record for "www" pointed to "cloudflare.memberclicks.net". Note: Only enter "www", not the entire domain.
To transfer to another email host
We do not assist with email migrations unless your DNS is still managed by MC Professional. We only support making DNS changes for this task. Email hosting for Rackspace is tied to your MX, SPF, and DKIM records in your DNS. Please ensure that you have migrated all relevant data from your mailboxes and updated the relevant records for your new services before exiting.
If you want to move to another email host, we need to update your mail exchanger records (MX record) in your DNS settings. An MX record specifies the mail server responsible for accepting email messages on behalf of a domain name. It is a resource record in your DNS settings. If MC Professional is currently your email host, please reach out to our support team confirming that you would like to transfer to another email host, and provide answers to the following questions:
- Where do you currently receive emails for this domain?
- Are you planning to change where you receive emails?
- Where do you plan to receive emails going forward?
- Once we make this change, you will no longer receive emails at your current email hosting service. Are you ready for us to make this change?
Once we have this information, our support team will be in touch with next steps.