On this page
Member profile passwords can be reset by:
- A member: By clicking the Reset Password link on the login page of your website.
- An administrator: By navigating to the member's profile and clicking the Reset Password link.
An administrator can either send the member a password reset email, where they can choose a new password, or reset their password manually. If the password email is sent out to the member, it's logged in the member's profile.
To reset member passwords
1. The member can use the Reset Password link on the login page of your website.
On the following page, the member can enter their email address then click SEND PASSWORD RESET EMAIL.
In the member's email client they will receive the password reset email where they can click the Reset Password link. This link remains active for 1 hour.
If the member doesn't see the email in their inbox, they may need to check either their spam or promotions folder.
The member is directed to the password reset page where they can enter a new password following the listed guidelines. When the member clicks PROCEED WITH THIS PASSWORD they are directed back to the login page on your website.
2. An administrator can manually send a password reset email by navigating to the member's profile. Then, click the Reset Password link.
In the pop-up window you can:
- Click Send User a Password Reset Link Via Email to send the member an email with a randomized password.
- Click Manually Reset this Password to create new password for the member.
If you select Send This User A Password Reset Link Via Email they are sent the password reset where they can manually choose and reset their password. If you select Manually Reset this Password, you can enter a new password for the member in the pop-up window then click SAVE. The member can then log in with their updated password.
If you are manually resetting a password for a profile with administration privileges, you must follow the password security measures outlined in our enhanced admin password security article.
- If a member uses the Reset Password link on your website login page, the password reset email is not logged in their message history. If a member is not logged in, the system cannot connect to their message history.
- If an administrator sends a password reset email from the member's profile, the password reset email is logged in the member's message history with the subject line Password Reset Requested.
- Whenever a password is reset from the admin backend, the member profile receives an email notification that's logged in their message history with the subject line Password Reset Confirmation. Whether an administrator, or the member, reset the password is not logged in MC Professional.
- Emails sent from MC professional are logged in our internal email server and our support team can investigate to see if a password email was delivered or opened.