Once you've finished setting up your new job board, the final step is to link it up on your website.
There are two options for linking up the job board:
- Adding an Article with info about the job board and linking to it from there (recommended) OR
- Adding a Menu Item linking directly to the board
Adding an Article with info about the job board
This option is recommended as it allows you to present the job board to your audience using personalized language that highlight why posters should pay to post a job on your board.
To create a new Article, begin by navigating to Website > Articles and clicking the New plus sign in the top right.
- Give the Article a Title. This Title will appear in the browser tab when viewing the article. The Article's Alias will auto-generate. We recommend Job Board, Jobs, Career Center, or Careers.
- Add text, links, and images to the Article body describing the job board and why employers should pay to post there. Insert a link to the job board and style it as a Heading 6 to create a button. Click here to download a text file with HTML code you can copy and paste in to get started. NOTE: click on the HTML button on the bottom row of editor icons to paste in this code.
- Set Permissions for the Article using the Group Access checkboxes on the righthand side of the screen.
- Lastly, add a Menu Item linking to this new Article so it's available on your website. Check out this article to learn how.
Adding a Menu Item linking directly to the board
- To create a new menu item, first navigate to Website > Menu Items and click the name of the menu to which you want to add a new menu item (we recommend adding to the Main Menu or Quick Links).
- In the top right corner of Menu Item Items, click New.
- Choose Other, then select External Link.
Next, give your menu item a Title. The title is the text that will show up in the menu bar on your site. The Menu Item's Alias will generate automatically. We recommend Job Board, Jobs, Career Center, or Careers.
Next to Link, paste in the URL for your new job board. NOTE: Make sure to include the full link, including the https://
Choose the new Menu Item's Parent Item. If Top is selected, the new menu item will appear as a completely new tab in your menu bar. Choosing an existing menu item as the Parent item will mean that the new menu item drops down or flies out as a sub-navigation item on that existing Menu Item. Best practice: To drive more traffic to your job board (which means more revenue!) we recommend adding it as a Top menu item.
- Since this is an External Link type Menu Item, we recommend setting On Click, Open in to New Window with Browser Navigation so the job board opens in a new tab and your website will remain open, too.
Finally, use the Group Access permissions on the righthand side of the screen to assign permissions to each of the applicable groups who should be able to see this item in the menu bar.
Want to send a blast Contact Center message out to launch your new job board? Click here to download a text file with HTML code you can copy and paste in to get started. NOTE: click on the HTML button on the bottom row of editor icons to paste in this code.