On this page
- Triggers available in MC Professional
- Event triggers
- Membership triggers
- Invoice triggers
- Actions available in MC Professional
- Trigger: This watches for new or updated information. A trigger initiates an action in another application. In MC Professional, you can set up a trigger that initiates a Zap when you create, or cancel an event registration, and when a new member applies through a membership application form. You can also set up a trigger when an invoice is created, paid, partially paid, refunded, or voided.
- Action: This pushes new or updated data into another application. You can push a new event registrant's data from MC professional into a spreadsheet or another application like GTR Events. You can also push data from a third party application to create new continuing education credits in your MC Professional database. Available actions are dependent on the application.
To troubleshoot issues with your integration, please reach out to Zapier support.
Triggers available in MC Professional
In MC Professional the following triggers are available:
- Form registrant created: Triggers when a new registrant is created through a form.
- Form registrant cancelled: Triggers when the status of a registrant updates to cancelled.
- New Member Join From Membership Form: Triggers when a new user joins your organization through a membership form.
- Invoice Created: Triggers when a new invoice is created, either by an administrator or the member.
- Invoice Paid: Triggers when an invoice is fully paid.
- Invoice Partial Payment Created: Triggers when a partial payment is made on an invoice.
- Invoice Voided: Triggers when an invoice is voided.
- Invoice Refunded: Triggers when an invoice is refunded in MC professional.
You can set up event triggers in MC Professional to push event registrant data to another application like GTR Events. You can create a Zap that triggers when an event is:
- Created, or
Event registrant created
When a member registers through the event section of a form, you can push the registrants submission data into another application. In Zapier, each Zap can only contain one event section. If you need to integrate event data for multiple events, you must create a new Zap for each event.
In Zapier, the events list displays the name of the event section, not the name of your form. If your form has more than one event section, it will display each section separately. You can search by Event Name or Event ID.
To find out the name of your event section in MC Professional, navigate to Forms > Form List. Hover your cursor over the form in your list, then click Edit. Click Properties on the event section, then view the Event Name field.
Archived and unpublished event forms display in Zapier.
You can map all attributes and form fields included on your form (e.g. registrant name, selection sets, date fields, etc.).
In Zapier, form fields are labelled based on their Export Name.
The following form fields are available to map to another application:
- Date Registered: The date the form-taker registered for the event.
- Submission ID: The ID tied to the form submission number.
- Status: A member's status (e.g. active, lapsed, graced, etc.).
- Member Type: The registrant's member type in MC Professional.
- Registered By: The form-taker that registered the profile for the event.
- Discount Code: If included on your form, the discount code the form-taker used.
- User ID: A unique identifier assigned by the system (MC Professional) for each member profile.
- Amount Paid: The dollar amount paid for the event.
- Balance: The dollar amount the form-taker still owes for the event.
- id: The member's profile ID.
- sectionID: The event id number, tied to the Event Section on the form.
- formID: The form's ID number (differs from the section ID).
Event registrant canceled
This event trigger occurs when an administrator cancels an event registration. You can push the following field data into another application:
- registrantID: A unique identifier tied to the registration number.
- statusID: Displays 2, for canceled.
- sectionID: The event ID tied to the Event Section on the form.
You can set up a membership trigger to push newly created member data into another application. You can create a Zap that triggers when a member joins your organization through a membership form.
New member join through membership form
You can set up invoice triggers in MC Professional to map financial data to another application like QuickBooks. You can create a Zap that triggers when an invoice in MC Professional is:
- Partially paid
- Refunded, or
The following table displays which invoice fields you can map to another application and a description of each.
|The unique ID of the invoice. When viewing the invoice in your MC Professional account, this is the number located at the end of the URL in your browser.
The unique Invoice# located on the invoice.
|The ID unique to the member profile associated with the invoice. Located in the member's profile.
This field displays as a list that contains the following fields:
This entire list will recur for each line item on the invoice.
This field displays as a list that contains the following fields:
This set of fields will recur for each payment made towards the invoice.
|The status of the invoice. Possible values include: Open, Pending, Paid, Void, or Partial.
|If set up in your invoice template, this displays the date the invoice is due for payment.
|The date payment was made on the invoice.
|The total dollar amount of the invoice.
|The total dollar amount owed towards the invoice.
|The date the invoice was created in MC Professional.
|Displays whether the invoice was created as an invoice or credit memo.
Actions available in MC Professional
Actions will fail in MC Professional if you do not provide a unique identifier that maps to the correct member profile in your MC Professional database. You can use the attribute profileID, Member Number, or Username as a unique identifier. The unique identifier provided must match an attribute of the same name in MC Professional.
In MC professional you can push data from another application to create new continuing education credits in MC Professional.
Create continuing education credit
You can map continuing education credits to a member's profile from another application. You must include the profile ID as a unique identifier. This must match the member's profile ID in your MC Professional database.
The following screenshot displays which fields you can map from another application to a member profile in your MC Professional database.
If there's a trigger or action you would like included in MC Professional and Zapier, you can submit a feature request.