- To add discount codes
- Configuring discount codes
- To apply discount codes to pricing fields
- To apply discount codes to membership applications and renewals
This article describes how to create and add discount codes to your form. Form-takers can apply discount codes to both form price fields, membership applications, and renewals.
To add discount codes
1. Navigate to Forms > Form List.
2. Hover your cursor over a form, then click EDIT.
3. In the Forms Settings tab on left side toolbar, scroll down to the Discount Codes section.
To configure a discount code
1. Click Add Discount Code to create a discount code that overrides all other pricing on affected fields.
2. What you name the discount code here is exactly what your members enter into the discount code field to receive the discount on their invoice. Click Save.
3. Back in Form Settings, click Edit to configure your discount code.
You can configure the following options:
- Discount code text: Enter the characters that form-takers can use as the discount code.
- Limit number of uses: You can set a limit for the number of times a discount code can be used. If there is no limit, leave this field blank.
- Expiration date: Toggle this option ON to enable this discount only during a specific date range. Select a calendar date that the discount code will expire on.
- Enable the use of this discount code: Toggle ON to enable your discount code. Toggle OFF to disable your discount code.
To apply discount codes to pricing fields
- Click the Price Fields tab.
- Add member types to discount using the dropdown menu.
- Click Add a column to add each selected member type to a pricing column
- Add discount pricing that applies to these member types.
- Click Save.
The Base Price column displays the regular cost of the item. Values that you input into subsequent columns will apply discounted pricing (e.g. if you want to apply a $20.00 discount to an item that costs $50.00, you would input $30.00 into the discount field).
To apply discount codes to membership applications and renewals
- Click the Membership tab.
- Add discounted pricing in the column and pricing fields next to the Base Price column.
- Click Save.
Based on their pricing structure, some member types do not display in this list. You cannot apply discount codes to some member type pricing structures.
Member type pricing structures that are included
- Standard period or date-based pricing structures
- Attribute based pricing structures where the attribute is a selection set
Member type pricing structures that are not included
- Attribute based pricing structures where the attribute is a number
- Organization pricing structures based on the number of linked profiles
- Member types with prorated pricing structures
For memberships with advanced pricing rules, you must add this selection set as a separate field on your form. You can apply discount codes to these fields. Additionally, any membership discount codes will work for both membership applications and renewals.