- What is advanced membership pricing?
- Setting up your advanced pricing settings
- Does this affect my membership form?
What is advanced membership pricing?
Advanced membership pricing allows you to charge for additional items on a membership renewal invoice. You could charge extra for a premium membership, a secondary chapter, or a subscription to a magazine or newsletter.
Additional pricing options must be assigned as a custom attribute before they can be used for advanced pricing.
For organization member types, if you want your renewal invoices to calculate only what is set up in your advanced pricing settings, you need to make sure the attribute set up in the original pricing settings is filled in within the organization's member profile.
Setting up your advanced pricing settings
Navigate to Database > Member Types. Hover over a member type, then click the EDIT SETTINGS button.
Underneath the Advanced Pricing Settings section, check off the the Enable Advanced Pricing checkbox.
Then, click the ADD A PRICING RULE button. Assign an attribute in the Attribute assigned to the individual profile dropdown menu. This is the attribute you will use to create a pricing rule. If an attribute isn't listed here, that means its attribute type isn't eligible to be used as an advanced pricing option. Only selection sets can be used for advanced pricing.
- Select an attribute to use for advanced pricing.
- Add pricing to the attribute's selections. You can't edit the attribute on this page. It pulls from the attribute settings setup in Database > Attributes.
- These are the prices assigned to the selections of your attribute. In the above example, anyone that has the selection Yes chosen for the attribute Premium membership - in their member profile - will be charged an additional $15 dollars on their renewal invoice (if generated automatically by the system). This will appear as a second line item on the invoice. If the user has No selected in their profile, or they have neither option selected, then they won't be charged the additional fee.
- Choose the revenue account you want linked to the advanced pricing field.
Click SAVE when you're finished.
Does this affect my membership form?
Advanced pricing options are only added to the invoices generated by the automatic renewal process, or renewal invoices manually created by an administrator. This option will have no effect on invoices generated by a membership form. If you would like to setup advanced pricing on your renewal form, then you need to add the attribute to the form and set it up as a pricing field. If you're unfamiliar with how to create a pricing field, please see our help article here.
An invoice generated using the advanced pricing setup above will add your advanced pricing as an additional line item.