- Renewing members in your admin dashboard
- Renewing a member from their profile
- Processing renewals in bulk
Renewing members in your admin dashboard
An administrator can manually process renewals in their admin dashboard. If a member sends in a check with a paper renewal form, or would like to renew outside of the organization's typical renewal period, the administrator can manually renew the member in one of two ways:
- In the member's profile.
- In the profile list, where an administrator can renew members in bulk.
- This process puts the member in their renewal period, and creates an open invoice. This action alone does not complete the member's renewal. The member, or an administrator, will need to pay the open renewal invoice.
- Once you've renewed the member manually, there is no way to undo this action, so be sure you are renewing the appropriate members.
- For any member attached to a free member type (the renewal fee is set to $0.00 in the member type settings), the system will automatically close out the generated invoice as paid and advance the member's expiration date.
Renewing a member from their profile
To manually place a member in their renewal period, navigate to the member's profile, click on the Actions dropdown in the top right corner, then click Renew.
You can select which member type to renew the member for, select the membership duration, then select either Create an open invoice, Create and email an open invoice, or Create and pay invoice now on behalf of the member.
If you select Create an open Invoice, you will receive the following message.
The member can then log-in through your website and pay their invoice. If you select Create and Email an open invoice, an email notification will also be sent to the member with their open invoice attached.
If you select Create and Pay Invoice Now, you will be taken to the following screen where you can select a payment type and pay the invoice on behalf of the member.
For more information on setting up your renewal payment settings - within your member type settings - see the following article.
Processing renewals in bulk
Navigate to the Profile List. Then, tag the members that you want to move into their renewal period.
Click the Actions drop-down and select the option to Renew.
Click Renew. A popup window will appear, asking if you would like to send a renewal notification to the member. Check off this option if you want your members to receive their renewal invoice. Click RENEW PROFILES to put your tagged members in their renewal period.
The email sent is the New Invoice Email configured for the invoice template assigned in your member type settings. You can edit this notification by navigating to Financial > Invoices > Invoice Templates. Hover over the template, then click the Edit button.
Here's a short video of this process. In this video, we demonstrate renewing the member using the Create and Pay Invoice Now option.