- To configure a form confirmation page and email
- Editing the confirmation and itinerary emails
- Using the merge data tool
- Confirmation email limitations
- Itinerary emails
When a form is filled out and submitted you can configure a confirmation page and a confirmation email that sends out to the form submitter. If your form includes an event section, you can also set up an itinerary email to send out to your event registrants and guest registrants. You can edit and customize these emails in the Form Builder.
To configure a form confirmation page and email
1. Navigate to Forms > Form List.
2. Hover over the form you want to edit in your list then click EDIT.
3. On the Form Builder page, Scroll down to the bottom of the right side column. In the Confirmation section you can edit the site page text, visible after a from taker submits. Click inside the text box to edit the text that displays on the confirmation page.
4. Then, click Edit Confirmation Page button that displays on the left side column, in the Element Properties tab.
5. In the editor, you can customize your confirmation page. Click Save when you're finished.
Editing the confirmation and itinerary emails
1. Click Properties on the Confirmation section of the Form Builder.
2. On the left side column, In the Element Properties tool bar, you can:
- Add a Name to this section.
- Toggle ON Enable Confirmation Email. If toggled ON, the confirmation email sends out to the form submitter.
- Click Edit Confirmation Email to open an editor where you can customize the confirmation email.
- Toggle ON Enable Itinerary Email. If toggled ON, this emails sends out to all registered members through an event section. This option only displays if you've included an event section on your form.
- Click Edit Itinerary Email to open an editor where you can customize the itinerary email.
3. If you select either Edit Confirmation Email or Edit Itinerary email, you can:
- Click Additional BCC Recipients to send out a bcc of the email to additional recipients.
- Add a From Name.
- Add a Reply To Email.
- Include a Subject Line.
- Edit the content of your email message using the editor.
- Click Image to add a graphic. Click Site Links to add links to specific site pages on your MC Professional website. Click Merge Data to add form fields that show the submission data input by the form taker or the form taker's member attributes.
- Click Save when you're finished
Using the merge data tool
The Merge Data tool can merge information the submitter entered into the form fields on your form, or attribute data from their member profile into the email. For example, if you merge the First Name form field, then whatever the user entered as their first name on the form appears in the message.
You can merge in every piece of information the submitter entered into the form, or all of the information stored in their member profile.
1. To add a field using the Merge Data tool, place your cursor where you want the merged information to appear in the email. Then, click Merge Data.
2. On the following screen you can merge fields from the Profile Data or the Form Data dropdown menus. Click Merge Data when you're finished selecting.
3. When you merge data into your form confirmation email it inputs a macro that draws specific information from the form, or the member's profile. For example, the email form fields displays as ~#Email#~.
When the email is received by the form submitter the macro is replaced with the information they input on the form. This applies to all merged fields.
Confirmation email limitations
A few limitations regarding confirmation emails include:
- The confirmation email only sends out if the form's login section is turned on. The confirmation email attempts to email the email address assigned to a user's profile. If a user isn't logged in, it can't locate a profile for them and the email fails to send.
- The confirmation email only sends out to the member that submits the form. It does not send out to any additional event registrants or guests that are registered through the form. Continue to the next section for information on the itinerary email.
- Individual Name is always a mergable form option, but is best avoided when editing non-membership forms. This is the name field stored in the membership section that is present on all forms. If the membership section is disabled, Individual Name is still mergable. Only merge in this field if the form submitter has filled out a membership section.
The itinerary email sends out to event registrants. This includes all guest registrants. you can send out an itinerary email with an event form. Only when you create an event form - that includes an event section - will the option to include an itinerary email display. Itinerary emails are constructed in the same manner as confirmation emails, but unlike confirmation emails, itinerary emails will send out to all profiles that are registered through the form.