Creating a new organization is not restricted, meaning any community user can create an organization. However, organizations must be approved by an Organization Manager before they will display on the community site.
To create a new organization:
- From the Organizations directory page, select New Organization.
- The New Organization window displays, as shown below.
- Enter the organization Name.
- Enter the organization description in the What We Do
- Click Save.
- The new organization opens to the Organization Profile page, as shown below.
After the initial creation of an organization, the organization will be marked as Unapproved and Unpublished. This prevents unfinished organization profiles from displaying to community users in the Organization List. Organization owners are able to finish the organization profile and then publish their organization; however, an Organization Manager must approve the organization before it will display in the Organization List. Organizations must be both approved and published to display to community users.
The community user who creates the organization will automatically be the owner of the organization and be listed as a member in the Organization Member List.