What is it?
You can set an email to go out on a daily, weekly, monthly, or custom recurring basis to a saved search of recipients using the Contact Center's Recurring Campaign feature. Based on your email frequency settings, saved emails will go out to an updated list of recipients automatically.
How to Access
Begin by creating a new email in the *New* Contact Center - click here for more details on composing an email.
- Choose the Saved Search to use for your email. When choosing a saved search, remember that the criteria that you select will be used to search for email recipients each time this email goes out. If you are going to have the email send monthly on the first of the month to all members who joined in the past month, for example, make sure your saved search looks for all members with a join date in the past 30 days. While the results of the search will update each time the email sends, the criteria itself will not, so choose search criteria that will work for each date that email sends.
- Use a template, load a saved email, or create a new email message from scratch. Merge Fields can be used in recurring email campaigns.
- Set the from name and email and Subject line to be used. These will be used each time the email is sent during the campaign.
- In the Send Email section of the Contact Center, choose Send as a recurring campaign. Email frequency settings will load:
- Begin by choosing the Frequency of the campaign. Weekly and Monthly options will allow you to choose days of the week and/or month to send the email on a standard, regular cadence. A custom frequency allows you to manually select explicit dates on which to send your emails.
- Set the time and time zone at which you want the email to be sent each time.
- Set a campaign End Date, after which the email will no longer be generated and sent. You can also choose Never to keep the campaign ongoing indefinitely
- Finally, name the campaign for your own records, to view and edit these details at any time moving forward.
Once saved, the recurring emails will be automatically generated and can be viewed in the Message Report along with all other sent and scheduled emails. To edit the recipient Saved Search, body of the email message, or any other details, you can load the email from the "Saved Campaigns" section of the Contact Center.