What is it?
The Committees area gives Committees you configure a private area in which to interact by sharing messages and files. NOTE: Committees are a private feature, and will only be visible to members who have been added to a Committee by an ASA or Admin. Each Committee member will be able to access the Committees they belong to under the My Features tab of their member profile.
How to Access
Navigate to Community > Committees
Adding a New Committee
1. First, select the Add a New Committee option. Clicking on this button will bring up a modal window.
2. Configure the committee:
- Committee Name: Select a name for the committee.
- Active: Mark the committee as active status.
- Committee Type: Select a previously defined committee type, or leave blank.
- Description: The committee description will display in a user’s profile in their committee area. This is a great place to define the committee’s objective or goal.
3. Add Committee Positions by clicking on the Manage Committee Positions button.
The Committee Positions section allows you to add, edit and delete committee positions that you can define. Create as many positions as you need and assign them to specific members. You can also toggle the Committee Admin option ON if the committee position is a committee admin. Users who are assigned a committee position with an admin role have administration capabilities within the Committees to remove users from the committee.
Tip: To view a list of all of the members who are assigned to a committee position, you can click the number in the "Members Assigned" column which will allow you to view them in the profile list. Because one member may hold a committee position multiple times, the number you see listed in the members assigned column on the committee page may be HIGHER than the number of profiles you see in the list view, since the members assigned column will account for each position held, while the list view will only show that profile a single time.
4. Add members to the committee by hovering over any committee, then clicking the Add Members from Profile List button. This will take you to the profile list where you can search for and tag anyone you'd like to add to the committee via the Actions drop-down in the profile list. From here, you will be able to assign positions and terms as you add the tagged profiles to the committee, but you can make further edits and adjustments to committee members from the committee roster list.
From within the committee roster list, you can make several edits such as deleting members from the committee, editing positions, and also editing start and end terms.
Participation Tracked on Profile
All committee participation, whether current committee members, past members, or members whose terms are yet to start, are tracked within the admin view of all member profiles. To see committee history, simply navigate to any profile and click the "Committees" tab to view more.
Since we never limit the amount of Committees you can have, make a Committee inactive rather than deleting it so you can always come back to the information at a later date.