Below is an easy step by step guide to resizing images using an online image editor called Pixlr*.
You can use any image editing tool you'd like. We recommend Pixlr because it's available for Mac or PC users, doesn't require you to download any software to your computer, and it's free!
Resizing an Image
1. Visit www.pixlr.com and click Playful Pixlr X*.
2. Open your image.
3. Click the Properties icon in the top left.
4. Click Resize Image.
5. Enter the width OR height (not both), then click Apply. Tip: size isn't an exact science, but try something around 300-600px to start and see what you think.
7. Save your smaller image!
Creating a Slider Image
(Standard slider image size is 980px x 280px. Depending on your original file size, you might want to adjust the width of your photo to 980px to start.)
1. (If needed) Follow the steps above to resize your image to 980px wide.
2. Click the crop icon to prepare to take a slice of your image.
3. Enter your new measurements (ex: 980x280). Drag the outlined box to the area of the picture you wish to display in your slideshow. Click ‘Apply’ in the bottom left corner.
4. Click Save in the bottom right corner to save the image to your computer. Tip: make sure to save without any spaces in the image name (ex. slider-image-5.jpg, not slider image 5.jpg).
5. Insert the image in to your Slider Image widget.
To insert the image into your Oasis slideshow, navigate to Website> Widget Manager > Slider Images.
Without hitting enter, place your cursor where you would like the new image inserted, then click on the Image button to insert the image.
Check out this article for step by step instructions on how to insert an image.
Want to learn more?
This video will walk you through sizing images for your slideshow starting at 3:40.
*Note: MemberClicks and Pixlr are not affiliated. You can use any image editing software you choose to size an image, but we've had good luck with this free one and hope you will too!