What is it?
MC | Review Panel is an add-on you can purchase for your Oasis product as a one-stop-shop for collecting submissions and providing an area for your reviewers to review, comment on, and rate them. For more details, check out this article, MC | Review Panel: Everything You Need to Know.
Interested in adding Review Panel to your toolbox? Click here and fill out the form on the right!
How do I do it?
Step One: Build your form, and collect submissions
The Review Panel add-on leverages our existing form builder. You can include a Review Panel Section in a stand-alone form, or as part of your conference or event form.
To get started, navigate to Forms > Form List and create a new form, or edit an existing form. The next step is adding a Review Panel section to the form (remember, this is where you collect the data that you want Reviewers and Review Leads to see). You'll find the Review Panel section under the Presentation tab of the Add Form Elements section.
In the Element Properties of your Review Panel, you can:
- Name the Section (this name will display to submitters taking the form)
- Name what the Collection is for (this name will display to Reviewers and Review Leads)
- Enable the section, allowing users to Submit
- If you want submissions blinded, toggle on 'Hide submitter name from Reviewers'
- Enable/disable Reviews
- Enable/disable Comments
- Hide comments from other reviewers (Only Admins and Review Leads can view everyones)
- Restrict comments so only Admins and Review Leads can see
- Display added Review Panel Section form fields to reviewers
- Set Group Permissions for who can submit
- Set Group Permissions for general Reviewers (These users can score and comment. They will only see the score they have assigned a submission)
- Set Group Permissions for Review Leads (These users will see each submission's average score and all comments, and can modify and apply labels)
- Any Form Field you want reviewers to see must be included in the Review Panel Section of the form and you must turn the "
- All Review Panel Submissions will have a Submission Category and Submission Title (Details in table below)
- You will want to include a built-in name field in order to ensure a name is included with the submission
- To collect attached documents be sure to use the Review Panel File Upload element
Important Review Panel Form Elements:
|Submission Category||This topic/category will be self-selected by Submitters, and appears as a filtering option for Reviewers/Review Leads. This is included in the section by default.|
|Submission Title||Name of the submission that is displayed to Reviewers/Review Leads.|
|Name attribute||This is optional, but it's imperative if you need the submitter name tied to the submission. This is especially critical if prospects or non-members will be submitting.|
|Review Panel Submission Text||You can include as many (or as few) of these elements as you would like, and each will be displayed to Reviewers/Review Leads as their own document.|
|Review Panel File Upload||Like Review Panel Submission Text elements, you can include as many (or as few) as you desire, and each will be displayed to Reviewers/Review Leads.|
NOTE: As a best practice, once you're finished collecting submissions, we recommend unpublishing your form prior to opening up the list for your Reviewers.
Step Two: Enable your review committee to review submissions
When you're ready for your Reviewers and Review Leads to log in to review submissions, you'll need to create and permission menu items for them as an access point (one for Reviewers, and if applicable, one for Review Leads).
Note: If needed, users can be both a Reviewer and Review Lead – just be sure to set up a menu item for each role and permission accordingly.
Based on the Permissions you've set in the Review Panel section of your form, as well as the Review Portal Menu Item(s) you've just added, Reviewers/Review Leads can now visit your website to review submissions.
By clicking on the Submission Title, your Reviewers can drill into the individual submissions.
If you have turned the "Display form fields in Review Panel Section to Reviewers" to "ON", reviewers will see the form fields collected from the Review Panel section of the form, as well as any Review Panel File Uploads, and Review Panel Text Fields.
If you have turned the "Display form fields in Review Panel Section to Reviewers" to "OFF", reviewers will not see the form fields collected from the Review Panel section of the form, and will only see Review Panel File Uploads, and Review Panel Text Fields.
Additionally, Reviewers will be able to view existing comments and leave comments of their own, as well as provide a 1-5 score per submission.
Review Leads will see each submission's average score and reviewer comments, and will have the ability to create, apply, and manage labels. Review Leads can leverage labels to build sessions, identify winners/speakers, and help admins prepare for their event or conference.
Step Three: View the review results, notify necessary parties, and continue planning your conference
When the Review process is complete, you can view the final results of your Reviewer's efforts on the admin side by navigating to Forms > Form List and clicking into the Submission List (click the number under the Submissions column). In the top righthand corner of your Submission List, you'll see an icon for Review Panel where your results await.
In the Review Panel List, you'll be able to see the number of Total Comments, the Average Score for each submission, and any labels that Admins or Review Leads have applied. Additionally you can tag submissions and export:
- Entries: Review Panel form fields plus review data (average score, comments, total reviews, labels)
- Submissions: All form fields/attributes
- Files: All files uploaded to the Review Panel File Upload field(s)