What is it?
Safelisting is a process where an email administrator adds IP addresses for a sending server to a list in the firewall or spam software, in order to ensure delivery of messages sent from those IPs. Adding IPs to a safelist is generally done on the server level. This helps to “grease the wheels” so to speak, and make sure emails that you want to avoid being filtered out by mistake.
How do I do it?
If you use MemberClicks as your email provider, there’s nothing you need to do, but if you use a different provider (G Suite, Office 365, GoDaddy, or a private server) for your email, we highly recommend safelisting our IPs to ensure that you continue to receive all of the email from your MemberClicks instance. Issues are rare, but this is a way to prevent them!
Every email provider has different safelisting procedures, so it’s hard for us to provide any one-size-fits-all instruction on what to do. For example, some providers only allow you to safelist by sender address or domain, in which case you’ll want to make sure to safelist memberclicks-mail.net.
An email administrator should understand and be able to fill an IP safelisting request, but if you’re in need of assistance, here are instructions for adding to a safelist in some commonly used email providers:
- G Suite (Google) - https://support.google.com/a/answer/60751?hl=en
- Outlook 365 - https://support.knowbe4.com/hc/en-us/articles/218134997-Whitelisting-by-IP-
- BlueHost - https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/308
Safelist a Domain
- Mac Mail - https://www.lifewire.com/whitelist-domain-os-x-mail-1172857
- GoDaddy Workspace Email - https://www.godaddy.com/help/use-spam-filter-settings-2832
- Outlook - https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/outlook/1242-outlook-add-domain-to-safe-sender-list.html
- Free webmail (Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo) - http://onlinegroups.net/blog/2014/02/25/how-to-whitelist-an-email-address/
- Network Solutions - http://www.networksolutions.com/support/report-spam-manage-blacklist-whitelist-in-webmail/
The IP addresses that need to be safelisted are: