- Directory Search Pages allow administrators to customize which attributes are available to front-end users (public or members). Proximity searching is now also available as search criteria, allowing visitors to search the directory by geographic location. Read more about Directory Search Pages and proximity searching here.
- API Management is now available to all Authorized Service Administrators through the account settings page. Previously, all API updates had to be made through the Help Team; this update enables more efficient self service.
When sending messages from the contact center, if the From field contained an ampersand, it was displaying as HTML when received by recipients. We now correctly handle the ampersand character.
- Text on the global check-in summary page was unintentionally being displayed in a large font size. We’ve corrected the issue so the font size is consistent with the rest of the administrative interface.
- Menu items with apostrophes were not being correctly handled by the site links feature. We now handle those menu items just like all the others.
- When creating an ad hoc invoice, if the invoice contained multiple line items and quotation marks in the description, the text after the quotation marks would not be saved upon invoice creation. We now properly handle this scenario so the text after quotation makes isn’t lost.
- An error was being thrown when an administrator changed a profile’s member type to a member type with fewer assigned attributes. An error will no longer be thrown when making this change.
- There was an issue affecting dues invoices for organizational members when the organization had many linked profiles (typically 50+). Because we were listing out each linked profile on the invoice, the number of characters being added to the description exceeded the allotted space for the description. To fix it, we've added a check to make sure the number of characters is less than 1000. If it is, we proceed as we did by listing each of the individuals in the description. If it's more than 1000 characters, the description will list the total number of linked profiles, rather than each name.
- We’ve added the ability to create ad hoc invoices when viewing a single profile.
- Key contacts can now update their linked organization profile as well as linked individuals. We’ve added a new attribute security page specifically for key contacts. This new feature allows administrators to set which additional attributes a key contact can see and view about the linked organization and linked individual profiles.
- When setting the start publishing or finish publishing dates for an article, the title text was much too big. We’ve brought it down to a more appropriate size.
- If multiple media manager folders had the same name, the second folder couldn’t be accessed in the site links modal or the insert media modal. We’ve fixed the issue so both the first and second folders are accessible through site links and the insert media modal.
- When viewing the members tab within elist management, neither sorting by contact name or email address were working correctly. Now they do.
- When creating ad hoc invoices, the revenue account is no longer a required field.
- Improved password reset when multiple profiles have the same email address. Prior to this update, when a user entered an email address on the forgot password page and that email address was in multiple profiles, the system instructed the user to contact the admin to reset the password. This created unnecessary work for administrators fielding phone calls, so we've added a new workflow for this scenario. The email that we send the user will now have a link for each profile that has the matching email address, allowing the user to choose which profile's password they would like to reset.
- Attribute-based pricing that multiplied a value against an attribute only supported four decimal places. We've increased this to support up to ten decimal places.
- If an organizational member lapsed, the linked profiles were still receiving their member-type pricing benefit. These lapsed users will now receive public pricing, just like lapsed individual members.
- When viewing the registrant list, sorting by date was not functioning correctly. Now it does.
- When copying forms, not all of the form field properties were copying. We've fixed the following field properties so they are included in the form copy: (1) the display of Time on time/date fields, (2) invoice line item text for payment fields, (3) built-in fields within organizational membership sections.
- Join Date was not displaying on front-end profiles even with attribute security enabled. Now it does.
- The administrative interface appeared to allow the Public group to post to forums. The interface now matches the function where the public is prevented from posting to forums.
- The organizational membership area in the form builder included duplicate settings for making a built-in address field required. It now only displays one setting to make these fields required.
- If three or more partial payments were made to a single line item on an invoice, the sale transaction in the transaction report remained in Open status, even if the line item was fully paid. Partial payments that complete the sale now appropriately trigger the status change in the transaction report.
- Instant Search is now available to all administrators, making it faster and more convenient to access profiles.
- The calculation for the due date of invoices that contain a renewal line item has been updated. It didn't make a lot of sense to have an invoice for renewals based on the invoice template's due date, so we've updated it to pull from the profile's expiration date. This update applies to renewal invoices generated by the system as well as those created when viewing a single profile and renewal invoices created by members submitting forms.
Note: Existing invoices are not impacted by this update. Only invoices created in the future will inherit the profile's expiration date as the due date.
- When administrators add an individual profile through the admin interface, the system prevents duplicate usernames from being created. When a duplicate username is found, we now provide a link to that profile so it is easier to make a change, if necessary.
- When enabled, the membership section in forms always displayed to renewing members, even if the toggle to display it to renewing members was turned off. We now respect the setting to toggle off the membership section for members in their renewal period.
- When a profile was edited for the first time, we were incorrectly recording empty attributes as having been modified in the "latest changes to attributes" view. for future edits, we will now exclude empty attributes from the view since they aren't really being changed.
- Join Date is is now available in attribute security and profile owner attribute security. With this addition, ASAs can give permission for administrators to export the Join Date field, it can also be merged in directory templates, articles and email templates for member viewing.
- The Key Contact designation can now be exported by administrators and ASAs for organizations with organizational member types.
- Now Linked Profile IDs can also be exported by administrators and ASAs for organizations with organizational member types.
- We've added a workflow for members to be able to reset their passwords after logging in. Under the My Profile menu, they will see the option to change their password. Previously, the ability to reset a password was only available to users prior to logging in.
- The Last Renewal Date attribute can now be edited by administrators. Previously, this attribute could only be edited through data imports or updated by the system.
- When editing a profile on the front-end, if a required attribute was skipped, the custom attributes weren't saving when the required field was populated. Now they do.
- Not all domains were properly working with the Google Maps API for calendar events. We've updated the integration with Google Maps so all domains properly display the map when configured for a calendar event.
- When downloading event details as an iCal file, the time zone setting was being ignored. We now respect the time zone settings in the iCal file.
- If an administrator updated a saved profile list and saved it again with the same name, the updated list returned zero results. We now return the correct results after the update.
- Apostrophes in the From Name in account settings prevented the contact center from loading. The contact center now loads even if there is an apostrophe in this field.
- We've added an easier way to get to the advanced search modal. From anywhere within the admin interface, click the Search button in the top right corner and you will see a link to the advanced search, in addition to the existing search option.
- Administrators can now receive notifications when payments are made to invoices. To set this up:
- For invoice templates: Financials > Invoices > Invoice Templates > edit an invoice template > edit the payment notification email > add an email address in the additional email recipients field
- For dues payments: Database > Member Types > click edit notifications (each member type will need to be configured separately) > edit the payment confirmation email > add an email address in the additional email recipients field
- The date pickers for the event calendar have been updated to match the date pickers you're used to seeing when editing profiles.
- We've updated the color of the edit buttons on the admin view of the profile to increase their visibility.
- Committee members using Firefox would occasionally run into issues uploading files to the committee feature. We've resolved the cause of the issue so files will upload smoothly, regardless of browser.
- When inserting links to files using the site links, the link text was left blank when no text was highlighted in the editor. We now default the text to the file name, similar to the other tabs within site links.
- Saved messages that had a trailing space in the subject were creating new messages rather than presenting the option to create new or overwrite. We now automatically remove trailing spaces for saved messages so this issue won't happen when saving.
- When viewing credit memos generated through submission edits, the memo appeared like an invoice. We've corrected the inconsistency so the credit memos viewed through a submission appear as credit memos, just as they do when viewing them from the invoice list.
- Ad hoc invoices created for organization profiles have not been consistently associating with the organization profile. We've reworked how these are created to resolve the issue.
- We weren't properly formatting the CSV file for exports which broke the formatting of special characters in the file. We've fixed this issue. However, there's an important note for Excel users: for Excel to properly handle special characters from the CSV, use the following instructions:
- Save the exported from MC as a CSV
- Open a new workbook in Excel
- In the 'File' menu, choose "Import"
- Choose 'CSV file' as the file type to import
- Browse your computer for the saved file from MC
- In the import wizard, choose 'Delimited' (the file is delimited by commas) and choose the 'File origin' as UTF-8
- Make sure the preview matches your expectations and click 'Finish'
These steps aren't fun for anyone, so we'll be exploring better exporting options in the future, but we wanted to get the formatting of our file correct first.
- We’ve added the ability to search based on the Key Contact designation. Near the bottom of the attribute list in the advanced search modal, you’ll now see the option to search for Key Contacts.
- The admin profile search now supports searching based on the primary email address. Keep an eye out for more improvements to this feature soon.
- We resolved a discrepancy in forum subscription preferences. When users subscribed to selected topics within a forum and later updated subscription preferences through his or her profile, the updates weren’t respected. Contact preferences within the profile now display “Select Topics” when only a few topics are set to send subscription notifications and any updates to those preferences will be respected.
- For frequent readers of the release notes, one more quotation mark issue was identified. This time the membership section of forms was the culprit - these quotation mark issues are now all put to bed. For real this time.
- When editing registrations to make a price change, the modal always defaulted to creating a credit memo, even if more funds were due. We now default the modal to create a credit memo if a refund is due, or an invoice if the submission balance increases.
- In our last release, we introduced a bug that caused changes to event dates not to be reflected on the calendar. Apologies for the trouble - we’ve resolved the issue now.
- For member types that base pricing on a selection set, forms were not respecting the order of the selection set values. Now they do.
- We’ve updated the workflow for cancelling a registrant. Previously, administrators had the option to cancel a registrant from the registrant list or the submission. Cancelling from the registrant list led to errors because the submission also needed to be updated to ensure invoices and credit memos were correct. To help prevent errors and to eliminate a step, we’ve updated the workflow so cancellations are all processed by editing the submission. Cancelling a registrant will now trigger the invoice/credit memo create modal when a pricing field is included in the registration.
- Related to the above, we’ve added a return to registrant list button to the submission view, making it more convenient to update multiple submissions successively.
- Members in graced status had minor display issues within the admin view of the profile. These have been corrected so graced members display properly to admins.
- Selection sets with quotation marks in the options created data issues in forms. These are now handled gracefully. We've been tracking down similar issues over the past few weeks and this wraps up the last known issues.