What is it?
Exporting the Transactions Report as a CSV or IIF file will generate a file for import into your organization’s Quickbooks account or accounting software.
How to Access
Navigate to Financial > Transaction Report.
1. To begin, select either “Export CSV” or “Export IIF” option.
2. The file will download. If it's a CSV file, open it as needed in excel.
3. If it's an IIF file, you can either open it in a plain text editor, such as Notepad, to check the transactions, or proceed with importing the file into your desktop version of QuickBooks.
If you're unfamiliar with importing files into QuickBooks, as well as which versions of QuickBooks are compatible with an IIF file, click here to view our guide on importing files into QuickBooks.
Using Filters and Ranges
By choosing a Filter or Date Range you are able to export the specific information needed from the Transaction Report. You can view our guide that details all your filter options by clicking here.
Financial Reporting Process
Oasis should be used as your transactional system of record with your accounting system (QuickBooks, for example) used as your financial system of record. In other words, all member invoices and transactions should occur in Oasis with the transaction amounts exported out for financial reporting in your accounting system.
Therefore, the following steps should be used as a guideline for your financial reporting process once all transactions have occurred within Oasis:
- Ensure Revenue Account set up is complete and accurate in Oasis.
- Use a standard cadence for exporting transactions to ensure you do not export the same transaction twice (i.e. once a month you export the previous month's transactions).
- Using the Transaction Report, filter all desired transactions using the date range and filters. NOTE: Date range is absolutely critical to ensure you do not export the same transaction twice.
- Export transactions to IIF or CSV depending on requirements.
- Import transactions into your accounting system.