What is it?
- This process simply puts the profile in its renewal period (making the profile eligible for renewal) and creates an open invoice - this action alone does not complete the renewal
- Once this process has begun, there is no way to undo the action, so be sure you have selected the appropriate profile(s)
- For any profile belonging to a Member Type whose dues are $0, the system will automatically close out the generated invoice as paid and advance the expiration date of those profile(s)
How to Access
Once you have clicked "Renew", a popup box will appear asking if you would like to send a renewal notification to the member. Note: the message being sent will pull from the notification settings you have in place for that Member Type. You can view these by navigating to Database > Member Types and clicking the "Edit Notifications" link next to any Member Type.
Once you have clicked "Renew Profiles" the system will put the profile(s) into the renewal period, generate the dues invoices, and send notifications to members if that selection was made.
To put profiles in renewal period from within an individual profile:
How to Access
Navigate to a member's profile. From inside the profile, click on the Actions dropdown and select the option to Renew.
Renewing on behalf of a user
After clicking on the Renew button, a modal window with the member's renewal options will display.
At the top, the member's Member Type will appear in a greyed out dropdown. The Member Type pulls in straight from the profile, so you'll want to edit the Member Type if necessary before choosing to Renew.
Choose the Membership Duration. Depending on the options configured within the Member Type, 1 period or multiple periods may display.
Under Invoice Options, choose how to handle this invoice.
- Create an Open Invoice: This option will create an Open invoice "silently" - without sending an email to the member being renewed. This would be useful if you have a one off case where you want to give a member the ability to renew early.
- Create and Email an Open Invoice: This option will create an Open invoice and send a notification to the member being renewed. The notification will be sent using the verbiage from the New Invoice Email configured in the Invoice Template assigned in Member Type settings. This option is great for a member who has requested a renewal invoice.
- Create and Pay Invoice Now: This option will create the invoice and take the Admin right to the Open invoice so that a payment may be applied.This would be helpful if a member renewed in person at an event, and you didn't want to confuse them by sending a confirmation email.
Here's a short video of the process. In this video, we demonstrate renewing the profile using the Create and Pay Invoice Now option.