What is it?
You can use the Contact Center to send a newsletter or blast email to profiles in your Oasis database.
How to Access
Access the Contact Center under Community > Contact Center and click the icon "Back to Contact Center".
Sending a Contact Center Message
1. Begin by selecting your message’s recipients. At the top of the page, choose to Select Recipients From:
All Active and Graced Profiles: use this option to email all Active and Graced members in your database.
Profiles Currently Tagged in Admin Search: use this option if you want to email a group of profiles currently tagged in your Profile List. This option is detailed further below.
Choose to Toggle All Recipients On This Page OR Toggle All Recipients On All Pages.
How to Tag and Contact Profiles from the Profile List
If you wish you contact a custom list of profiles, or are uncertain how to tell who meets the criteria of being currently tagged in an admin search, you will first want to navigate to your Profile List. Once profiles are tagged in the Profile List, click the Actions tab at the bottom of the page and choose the Contact option. This will navigate you back to the Contact Center, with your future message set to be sent to those you tagged when on the Profile List.
To read more about how to accomplish this, click this link to read more about the Profile List. Scroll down to the section entitled 'Tagging Profiles.'
2. If you or another Administrator want to receive a copy of the message, choose Additional Email Recipients and enter up to 10 additional recipients, then Save.
3. Begin formatting your message by entering a From Name, Reply-to Email, and Subject. NOTE: The From Name and Reply-to Email will pull in based on what’s listed in your Account Settings under Settings > Account Settings.
4. If you want to send a message you’ve already saved, choose Show next to Saved Messages.
Use the Load option to load up an existing Saved Message, or the Preview option to preview one.
From this area, you can also sort your Saved Messages based on Message Name, the pre-populated Subject of the message, or the Last Modified Date.
5. Compose or edit your message using the WYSIWYG editor. Add any necessary Attachments to the message by clicking Attach File.
6. When finished, you can:
Preview This Message
Save This Message
7. Finally, choose your Message Send Time.
Now: Choosing to send now will allow you to send the message right away.
NOTE: A Message Send Time of 'Now' will send after a built-in system buffer of 5 minutes. If you are not ready to send the email to everyone but instead want to just send yourself a test email, select the "Test" option.
After Sending, you’ll be taken directly to the Message Report where you can choose to Cancel or Save the message.
A Later Date: with this option, set the date and time, then click Schedule Message.
After Scheduling, you’ll be taken directly to the Message Report where you can choose to Cancel or Save the message.
After you click Send or Schedule, if your list of tagged contacts contains any duplicate email addresses, the system will alert you that we found duplicate email addresses in your list, and give you the option to either "Send to All" meaning that the email will send out to every email address as many times as it appears in your contact list, or to "Skip Duplicates", meaning that if an email is listed more than once in your tagged list, it will only send to that email address one time. Note: When "skip duplicates" is selected, the system will arbitrarily choose only a single profile on which to record the message history.