What is it?
The Committees area gives Committees you configure a private area in which to interact by sharing messages and files. NOTE: Committees are a private feature, and will only be visible to members who have been added to a Committee by an ASA or Admin. Each Committee member will be able to access the Committees they belong to under the My Features tab of their member profile.
How to Access
Navigate to Community > Committees
Adding a New Committee
1. First, select the Add a new Committee option. Clicking on this button will bring up a modal window.
2. Configure the committee:
- Committee Name: Select a name for the committee.
- Active: Toggle the committee to active status.
- Include in Social Stream: If toggled to yes, the committee will be included in the Social Community activity stream.
- Committee Type: Select a defined committee type, or select Create a New Label to define a new label type.
- Description: The committee description will display in a user’s profile in their committee area. This is a great place to define the committee’s objective, goal, or length of the committee term.
3. Add Committee Positions by clicking on the Add a Position button.
The Committee Positions section allows you to add, edit and delete committee positions that you can define. Create as many positions as you need and assign them to specific members. You can also toggle the Committee Admin option ON if the committee position is a committee admin. Users who are assigned a committee position with an admin role have administration capabilities within the Committees to remove users from the committee.
4. Add members to the committee by clicking on Add Members, then choosing specific members to add. You'll be able to set each committee member's position after choosing the members to add.
Since we never limit the amount of Committees you can have, make an Committees inactive rather than deleting it so you can always come back to the information at a later date.