What is it?
An E-List, also commonly referred to as a Listserv, allows members to subscribe to the list and then send and receive message distributed to an entire group via a single email address. An E-list can be used for communications such as volunteer opportunities, discussions or announcements.
How to Access
Navigate to Community > E-Lists
Adding a New E-List
1. To add a new E-List, first click the Add a new E-List button.
2. Next, configure the E-list.
- Active: This toggles whether or not the E-List is active. This allows you to suspend an E-List by placing it into inactive status.
- E-List Name: The name of the E-List that will be displayed in your Oasis solution and is a required field.
- E-List Description: You can enter a brief description of the E-list in this area. This will be displayed on the E-List page.
- E-List Address: The address of your E-List. In the case you have a custom domain with us, you have the ability to have an E-List on your own domain. Please contact the Help Team if this is not set up and you would like to take advantage.
- Custom Domain: If you have a custom domain for your E-list, you can enter it here.
- Subject Prefix: The Subject Prefix will be displayed before all subject lines of emails sent to the E-List. Many organizations use something to make each E-List message stand out in the end user's mail client. An example could be "[My E-List]"
- Administrative Email Address: This is the administrative email address that will receive all admin-related communications. Examples of messages that would be sent to this address are unauthorized users attempting to send to the list or alerts that an E-List member has a bad or non-functioning email address.
- Replies Directed To: You have the option of the action of replying to the E-List to go to the Entire List, or the original sender.
- Enable Social Community: This will include communication in the Social Activity Stream.
3. Next, set the Subscription Permissions. The Subscription Permissions control who is allowed to subscribe to this E-List, and are based on a member's Group. At least one group is required. In the dropdown, select the Group(s) that should have the ability to join this E-List from their My Profile > My E-Lists tab.
4. Update the Moderation Options. When moderation is enabled, messages sent to this E-List must be approved by a moderator before they are sent to the E-List members. Moderators can log in to their solution and access the E-List via their My Profile > My E-Lists tab to approve messages.
- Enable Moderation: This option will add moderation to your E-List. When an E-List is moderated, a moderator will be required to approve all messages and replies that are sent to the E-List by its users.
- Add Moderators: This button will bring up a modal search window for you to search for an appropriate moderator or moderators. Click the user you wish to add as the moderator and click the "Add Moderators" button.
- Delete: This button will delete a moderator from the moderator list.
5. Set up the Welcome and Goodbye Emails. The Welcome and Goodbye email areas allow you to customize an HTML or non-HTML communication that will be sent to new users and users who have unsubscribed from the E-List.
- Send Subscribe Email: This checkbox enables the sending of the email.
- Send as HTML: This will bring up our WYSIWYG editor and allow you to compose an HTML email.
- Reply to Email Address: This is the reply email address of the email sent to users through the Welcome or Goodbye email.
- Subject: Defines the subject of your email.
- Body: Allows you to compose your email. Click the "Send as HTML" checkbox if you wish to send as HTML or uncheck it to send as plain text.
6. Last, configure the Email Footer. To provide custom messaging and instructions for members in E-list messages, you can include a custom footer. To do so, add your messaging or instructions to the HTML or plain text editors in the Email Footer section, just beneath the Goodbye Email section.
To add members, click on the name of the E-List and then select the Members tab.
Select the Add Members option. After clicking it, a modal window will pop-up with all available members. To add members, tag the specific members you want to add, then click Add "X" Members.
Members have the option of receiving the e-list message in their inboxes or viewing the messages on the website underneath the My Features tab. In this area, they will see all e-lists that they have subscribed to as well as any e-lists that they have permission to subscribe to.
If you have created a Welcome E-mail on the E-list Setup page, a user will receive that Welcome E-mail as soon as users are added to an E-List We recommend including instructions on E-List rules, and how to manage E-list subscriptions in the Welcome E-mail.
Since we never limit the amount of E-Lists you can have, make an E-List inactive rather than deleting it so you can always come back to the information at a later date.
If a member unsubscribes from an E-List, they will still receive messages sent to them via the Contact Center.