MemberClicks' database is the foundation of the solution and membership data is stored in what we call Groups and Statuses.
We recommend creating separate Groups based on two things:
- Pricing: If members need to be charged a different price from one another based on the type of membership they have.
- ex. If Professional and Associate and Student members pay 100, 50, and 25 accordingly.
- Permissions: If two members need separate access levels to areas on your site.
- ex. If Professional Members and Student members need to see different pages on the site.
Members can also be a part of two Statuses:
- Inactive, which is primarily used for expired members.
- Invalid, which we recommend for new applicants awaiting approval.
1. This video is part one of two of our Database MC 101 videos and covers:
- This video covers Automating the Renewal Process, and this one shows you how to Configure the Expiration Date Attribute, which can send automated warning messages to your members prior to their expiration, and automatically move them to a new status or group.
- how to search for members using the advanced search
- how to email your members
- how to add, edit and delete members from the database