What is it?
You can change the order in which a Category List or an Archive Article List type menu item displays the list of articles.
How to access
Navigate to Website > Menu Manager. This will present a list of all of your menus. Click the menu item edit icon (see below) beside the menu to which the Category List or Archive Article List menu item is assigned.
This will display a list of all of the menu items assigned to this menu. From the list, click the title of the Category List or Archive Article List menu item for which you would like to change the display order. This will take you to the Menu Item Edit page. On the right side of the page are several Parameters tabs.
Archive Article List
For an Archive Article List menu item, click 'Parameters (Basic)' to display the 'Order' selection set, and select the appropriate order from this list then click SAVE in the top right corner.
Category List Layout
For a Category List Layout menu item, click 'Parameters (Advanced)' to display the list of advanced parameters. In the 'Primary Order' selection set, select the appropriate order from this list then click SAVE in the top right corner.
- Default - By default the system displays the most recent article first
- Oldest first - Displays the oldest article first; the other articles follow in chronological order with the most recent last. This is based on created date which you can find and edit in the Article Manager.
- Most recent first - Displays the most recent article first based on creation date. The remaining articles follow in reverse chronological order with the oldest being last.
- Title (Alphabetical) - Displays the articles alphabetically based on the title which can be edited in the Article Manager.
- Title (Reverse Alphabetical) - Displays the articles in reverse alphabetical order based on the articles' titles.
- Author - Alphabetical - Displays the articles alphabetically by author. The author can be edited under the 'Parameters (Article)' tab in the Article Edit page accessed via the Article Manager.
- Author - Reverse Alphabetical - Displays the articles in reverse alphabetical order (Z-A) by author's name.
- Most Hits - Displays the articles in descending order based on the number of hits. The Hits count can be found in the 'Hits' column of the Article Manager.
- Least Hits - Displays the articles in ascending order based on hits with the article with the least hits displaying first and the article with the most hits displaying last.
- Order - Displays the articles in the order prescribed by the 'Order' column in the Article Manager
You can edit the order by using the green arrows to bump a particular article up or down in the list or by manually typing in numbers in the boxes and clicking the small SAVE icon next to the word "order" in the column header.