What is it?
The media manager is a central storage spot for your site's images/photos, documents, videos, and other files. Generally, anything displayed on your site (other than text) is a file of some type, and is therefore stored in your media manager. You're able to add and delete, move, and organize your files directly through the media manager.
- 1 centralized spot for all of your site's files
- Folders - organize your files with an unlimited number of folders and a structure that works for you
- Easy to add and delete files as the content of your site changes
Accessing the Media Manager
- Navigate to Website > Media Manager
- A structured list of all folders in your media manager
Quick Tip: If available, click the + icon to the left of a folder to view any subfolders within it
- A view of any subfolders within the folder selected/highlighted in the menu on the left
- A list of any files in the selected folder - a small preview (for images) and the file name
- Upload/add new files in this section
Quick Tip: when uploading, select more than one file to add them all at once
- Create additional folders in this section
- Delete or move files within your media manager with these icons
Quick Tip: you can also delete folders/files using the small "x" icon next to each
- Select the folder that the file(s) should end up in
- Click the "upload" button
- Browse your computer for 1 or more files to upload and click "ok" or "open"
- The file(s) will then upload
NOTE: As a best practice, we recommend uploading files without spaces in their names. In place of spaces, use hyphens or underscores. Ex. Rather than uploading a file called "my logo.jpg", upload a file called "my-logo.jpg" or "my_logo.jpg" instead.
- Select the parent folder in the list on the left
- In the text box directly to the left of the "create folder" button, type a folder name (lowercase, no spaces)
- Click "create folder"
- The end result in this case is a subfolder (home) within the parent folder (images)
Note: moving files that are already in use on your site will cause broken links - they will need to be reinserted after you move them in order to display/work properly
- Select the folder containing the file(s) to be moved
- Check the box next to each file to be moved
- Click the "move" button towards the top-right corner
- Select the folder that these files should be moved to
- Click "select folder"
- Click "continue"