How to Access
To add or edit an event, navigate to Components > Event Management
What is it?
Events can be added to your calendar or event list at any time by any user with system permissions to add/edit events.
Adding an Event
1. To add a new event, click Add Event.
2. Type an event name in the appropriate field.
3. Select the dates on which the event will occur. Choose an Event start date and an end date (these are the actual dates of the event).
6. Select the Display Start and End Dates, which define when the event will be visible on your calendar. You can create events in advance and set them to begin displaying on the calendar at the appropriate times, or set events to stop displaying at a particular date to keep your calendar clear.
7. Fillin an Event Preview (optional). This field cannot exceed 500 characters. It will appear next to the event name on the event list.
8. Complete the description of the event in the event description field. You can use the HTML editor to publish the specific details about the event in HTML.
9. Enter basic contact information into the respective fields.
10. Select a related forum (optional). This will add a link from the event page to a forum on your forum. This can be used to facilitate discussion/feedback about an event.
11. Assign permissions to establish what groups will be able to see the event. Select the specific groups from the drop-down menu. If your event is available to all users, select every group by selecting the first group, holding down the SHIFT key, and selecting the last group.
12. Optional: Select notification checkbox to send a message to members of groups that can see the event. This will allow you to send a Contact Center message to everyone that has permission to see the event.
13. Optional: Repeat Event. You may select to have your event recur based on the following criteria. Day, Month, Year or custom where you may select which days of the week, month, or year. In addition to this you will have the ability to choose when the recurring event ends.
14. Click Save and the event will be created. It will begin displaying on your calendar based on the display dates you selected.