Why is it used?
The parent-child dues renewal form allows existing members with a parent-child relationship to renew their memberships and pay dues. It simplifies the membership renewal process for your members because the parent user can complete it for all linked child users, in a single form.
What is it?
A parent-child dues renewal form is a specific type of online form for use with the parent-child relationship setup. This form is for membership renewals and is setup to allow a single person (primary representative/parent) to complete it. The parent user is able to select any or all linked child users to renew the membership for.
- 1 person (the primary representative/parent) can complete the membership renewal process for themselves as well as any of the child profiles linked to them
- The parent can pay for all members with a single transaction
- Information updated on the form is automatically updated in your database
- Expiration dates for all profiles can be set to automatically update
How is it setup?
A parent-child dues renewal form can be setup by following the steps below:
- Navigate to Forms > Create Form
- Select the Dues type
- Enter a name for the new form
- Select "Renew Multiple Users"
- Check the box next to the parent group
- Enter your pricing information. If the membership offered is simply a flat fee for any number of members, complete this section like the 1st example below. If there is a per-member fee, complete this section like the 2nd example below. Note: also check the "Cascade Parent's..." box and select your expiration date attribute in both drop down menus so that all profiles end up with the appropriate expiration date.
Example 1, flat membership fee: enter a description (what the field will actually say on the form) and the price you want to charge (in this example $500 would be charged regardless of how many profiles are renewed).
Example 2, per-member fee: the first section (under "pricing options") will be the description and price for the parent member, and the second section (under "available child groups") will be the default price charged for each child member renewed. You may also setup pricing based on ranges by clicking the "add a range" button (i.e. 1-5 child members at $50 each, 6-10 child members at $40 each, etc.).
- Select the attributes/fields you'd like to appear on the form for the parent (left column) and children (right column).
- Upon saving, you'll be taken to the new form in edit mode to make any adjustments