What is it?
- You can verify the address of any profile in your database from the search results page
- You can tag several profiles and verify them all at the same time, just like you can tag profiles for use in the Contact Center.
- The address verification service will return suggested changes to the addresses to make them standardized, if they aren't already.
- You can accept all the suggested changes automatically or go through each address one at a time.
- In addition to returning USPS data, you can verify many other attributes such as County Number, Census Block Number, Census Tract Number, Upper Legislative District, Lower Legislative District and Timezone.
- Works for US and Canadian addresses
Please note, the AVS service must be configured by MemberClicks before it is available in your solution. There is no cost to set up the AVS service, but each verified address will incur a cost of $0.035 (3.5 cents). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like address verification configured in your MemberClicks solution.
How to use the Address Verification Service (AVS)
First, perform a search to display the profiles for which you wish to verify addresses. This can be done by clicking View next to a group from the Admin Home screen, or by using the Quick or Advanced Search.
If you want to only verify the addresses of some of the users displayed, you can use the Tag box to include or exclude specific profiles from the move.
Click Verify Addresses at the bottom of the page.
If you tagged profiles on the search results page, you will be able to select if you want to move all the search results, the profiles you tagged, or the profiles you didn't tag. If you did not tag any profiles the only option will be Search Results.
- Profiles can be processed immediately as a batch or you can choose to review the changes for each submitted address before the changes are made.
- The Total price to verify will be displayed on this page. The price will change depending on the options chosen above.
- Choosing to process the profiles as a batch will run the AVS system. Choosing to review each profile manually will bring you to the page below:
The current address data will be displayed on the left hand side of the screen. The USPS address will be displayed on the right. You can choose to keep your current information by clicking the box on the left, or choose to accept the changes by clicking the box on the right.
Continue through the addresses until you have verified each address in your selection