Print templates can be used to create in the print center to create a PDF containing information from user's profiles arranged so it can be printed onto a number of different paper sizes. This would be useful for printing name badges, address labels or any other time you would like a PDF containing information for your users.
Create a Print Template
1. Navigate to Database Management > Templates - Print Center.
2. Choose the type of template you want to create by clicking on Create Directory, Create Address Label, Create Tabular List or by using the drop down next to All Formats.
3. Click Create.
4. Use the drop down at the top and select the paper format you want to use. You will see a preview of the page when you select a paper format.
If this preview does not appear make sure you have the Adobe SVG viewer installed o your computer. The SVG viewer can be downloaded from this page on Adobe's website.
5. Click Continue.
6. Use the drop down at the top left and select the first attribute you would like to add to the print template.
7. You will be displayed with a list of options like the example below.
Edit a Print Template
1. Use the drop down at the bottom and select the template you would like to edit
2. Click Edit
3. Click that you would like to Modify the data merge for a specific group
4. Use the drop down and select a group. In most cases you will choose Organization-Wide. If you select another group you are setting up a different template that will be used for the profiles in that group. For example, if you have a design you want to use for all your groups you would choose Organization-Wide. If you wanted a particular group to be printed out in a different format choose that group
5. Click Continue. This will display a preview on the right of your print template as seen in the example below
If this preview does not appear make sure you have the Adobe SVG viewer installed o your computer. The SVG viewer can be downloaded from this page on Adobe's website
6. On the left you will have a drop down that contains all the attributes in your directory. Select the attribute you would like to add or edit.
* If an attribute already appears on this print template it will be designated with the text (sel) next to the attribute name.
7. Once you select the attribute it will bring up an area where you can setup where and how this attribute should be displayed on the print template. For details on the options on this page refer to the example below
8. Once you make changes to the attribute click Apply. This will update the snapshot on the right
9. When all necessary changes are made click Continue
10. Click Save
Examples of how to add, edit and rearrange attributes on a print template.
Lets start with an example template.
Adding First Name and Last Name above Company Name can be accomplished with the steps below.
1. Select First Name from the attribute drop down on the left
2. Since you want to add things to the first line where Company Name already is you will need to "Insert" a new line. Check the box for Insert next to Line.
Keep Line and Column at "1"
3. Click Apply. This will add First Name on the new line above Company Name.
4. Use the attribute drop down and select Last Name
5. Change the Column to "2". Keep the Line at "1". This is telling the system that Last name will be on the same line and to the right of First Name.
6. Click Apply. This will add Last Name to the right of First Name
Below is an example of the steps you would take of if you wanted to add City to the left of State and place a comma behind City.
1. In the attribute drop down select City
2. We want City to be added to the same line as State and Zip, line 4. Enter "4" next to Line
3. Because we want City to be all the way to the left leave the Column at 1 and click the box for Insert
4. In the box for Text After Attribute enter the comma you want to appear after City
5. Click Apply. City will be added to the print template
Printing using a Print Template
To use any print template, you must first find the search result that you want to print. This may be all of your members, a few of your members, etc.
1. With that search result pulled up, click print.
2. Select the print template you want to use
3. Click Preview to view the print results
4. Typically the results may take a few moments to generate, so enter your e-mail address (optional) and select Continue.
Note: If you entered your email address before clicking preview, expect to receive an email letting you know that the PDF is ready.
5. After a few minutes, log in and click on the Retrieve Data Exports tab at the top of your Admin Home screen. Your print result will be available for download there.