What is it?
To save time, you can move a group of profiles from Active to Inactive, Valid to Invalid, or set them to Deleted.
Setting multiple profiles to Inactive, Invalid, or Deleted
First, perform a search to display the users you want to update.
- This can be done by clicking on a group under the Summary from the Admin Home:
- Or by running an Advanced Search or Quick Search using specific criteria.
Once you have your search result, if you want to only move some of the users displayed you can use the Tag boxes to include or exclude specific profiles to be moved.
After selecting the profiles you want to move, click Change Status.
Choose whether you want to set the members to Inactive, Invalid, or Deleted:
- The Invalid / Valid status is used for brand new users entered into the database (either via manual insertion with Add User or from a proper Application Type form). This status prevents the new user from signing into the site until an administrator or profile in an approval type role validates the profile.
- The Inactive / Active status is used as the main identifier for expired users in the system and is meant for profiles that have already been through the validation process. Inactive users are constrained to login only for a proper Dues type form.
- The Deleted status is used to indicate users that are to be removed from the database. Once a profile has been marked as deleted the profile will remain in the "For Deletion" group for 7 days before they are permanently removed from the database. This allows the possibility to recover a profile deleted in error.