How do I create a new mailbox in Webmail?
This article walks you through how to access your Email Admin section, where you'll have the ability to add a mailbox.
Note: After adding a mailbox, it may take several minutes before it is fully available. Please wait a few moments before attempting to access that box.
1. In the Email Accounts section, click the Mailboxes link.
2. Click the Add Mailbox button.
3. Enter the following information in the spaces provided:
- User Name: Enter a unique user name for the mailbox. (The user name + domain combination will become the email address for the mailbox. E.g., email@example.com.)
- Password: Enter a password for the email account. Password must be at least 6 characters long, cannot be "password," cannot contain a numeric sequence longer than 3 characters, cannot contain the domain name, and cannot contain the user name.
- Confirm: Retype the password you entered in the Password box.
- First and Last Name: Enter first and last name information for the mailbox owner in the spaces provided. This is optional.
- Display Name: Enter the name that should be associated with the mailbox. This name will be displayed when the user sends email. This is optional.
4. To enter optional contact information, click the Contact Info tab and enter additional information, as desired.
5. Click the Save button. The mailbox will appear in the list. To manage additional features for the mailbox, such as Forwarding / Auto-Reply, Aliases, and/or Settings, click the mailbox name and then click the corresponding tab.