First, you must set-up an API client in your MC Professional account. To do so, follow the instructions outlined in our API Management help article. Then, if you haven't done so, visit our Setting up an integration with Zapier help article to set-up a trigger in your MC Professional account.
To troubleshoot any issues with your integration, reach out to Zapier support.
After you've created an API client, and set-up a trigger in your MC Professional account through Zapier, you can create an action. An action is an event your Zap performs after your trigger occurs. In this case, when an event registrant is created or cancelled in MC Professional, or a new member applies through a membership form (trigger), your Zap can push registration data into your GTR Events account to create an event participant or print an event badge (action).
To get started, you need to obtain the API key and Event ID from your GTR Events account.
To obtain your API key and Event ID through GTR Events
To integrate with GTR Events in Zapier
1. In Zapier - after you've setup a trigger - click on the next Untitled Step.
2. Then, search for GTR Event Technology in the Action module.
3. Add an event from your MC Professional database in the Event field. In GTR Events you can create a new participant (Create Participant). Click the Continue button.
4. Click Sign in, then enter the credentials for your GTR account.
5. Enter the API key and Event ID in the modal window. This information is located in your GTR account. Click Yes, Continue to GTR Event Technology when you're finished.
If you need assistance locating this information, reach out to GTR Events support.
6. If your GTR account connects successfully, click Continue in the Action module.
7. Under the Action dropdown menu, these fields represent event fields in your GTR account. You can add form fields from your MC Professional database into these fields. These form fields will populate in your GTR account.
8. Click Continue when you've mapped all the fields you want to push to GTR events.
9. Next, you can view which fields are mapped and which are empty.
You can click either Skip Test, or Test Action to test the integration.
If you test your action, you may receive the Failed to create a participant in GTR Event Technology error message, even if the action was successful in GTR Events. Check to make sure you've mapped the email field. If you have, check your GTR Events account to confirm if the action was successful. If successful, the error is a false negative. Click Skip test to continue.
10. When you're finished testing, you can Publish your Zap.