- To connect to your MC Professional account in Zapier
- To set-up a trigger in MC Professional
- To set-up an action
With Zapier, you can use MC Professional's API to integrate web applications and automate workflows. To troubleshoot any issues with your integration, reach out to Zapier support. You can view a full list of possible integrations on Zapier's website. You can view our help article for more information on which triggers and actions are available in MC professional.
You can connect your MC Professional account with Zapier to import event registration or new member data into another application. This article outlines how to create a Zap, that sets up a trigger in your MC professional account, and initiates an action in a third party application. To get started, set up a new API client in your MC Professional account. Then, proceed with the steps below.
Before you enter your API credentials in Zapier, ensure that you save your API client in MC Professional. If you don't, the Client ID and Client Secret may not work correctly. In the Redirect URIs section of your API client, enter the following URI: https://zapier.com/dashboard/auth/oauth/return/McProfessionalCLIAPI/
To connect to your MC Professional account in Zapier
1. Create a Zapier account.
2. Log in to your Zapier account, then click the + Create Zap button.
3. Click first the Trigger step.
3. Use the search tool to find MC Professional.
4. Select a Trigger In the Event field. This is an initiating event in your MC Professional account that starts an automation. There are currently three triggers available:
- From registrant created (Triggers when a new registrant is created through a form).
- For registrant cancelled (Triggers when the status of a registrant updates to cancelled).
- New Member Join From Membership Form (Triggers when a user joins through a membership form).
5. Click the Continue button.
6. Click the Sign in button to connect your MC Professional account.
7. In the modal window enter the Client ID, Client Secret, and URL of your MC Professional account.
This information is found in your MC Professional admin dashboard: Settings > Account Settings > API Management. If you haven't authorized this application in MC Professional yet, see our help article on API management for instructions. Ensure you save your authorized application before entering these credentials in Zapier.
8. Click the Continue button after you've connected your MC Professional account.
To set-up a trigger in MC Professional
1. Select the form event section that you want to use.
The name of the event section may differ from the name of your form. To find out the name of your event section, navigate to Forms > Form List > Edit the form > Click Properties on the event section, then view the Event Name field.
2. Click the Test Trigger button to ensure your form fields export correctly.
3. In the Test window, Zapier will select up to the 3 most recent registrants, that have not appeared previously. You can select a registrant in the left hand column. In the right hand column, you can view their registration information. If your form fields look correct, click Continue with selected record.
4. Next, you can set up an Action to integrate MC Professional with a third party application.
To set-up an action
1. Click the next Untitled Step in your Zap.
2. Use the search bar to find an application that you want to integrate with. Each application will have its own unique set of options and fields. To set up an action in your MC Professional account, search for MC Professional in the search bar.
3. In MC Professional, there is currently one action you can perform: Create Continuing Eduction Credit.
4. You can import continuing education credit data from a third party application into MC Professional. Map fields from the third party application into your MC Professional fields.
5. Click Test step to test your action. Or, click Skip test to continue to the next step.
Actions will fail in MC Professional if you do not provide a unique identifier that maps to the correct member profile in your MC Professional database. You can use the attribute profile id, member number, or username as a unique identifier. The unique identifier provided must match an attribute of the same name in MC Professional.
6. If your test was successful, or if you've skipped the test, click Publish.
See the following article for instructions on integrating with GTR Events.