What is it?
The Profile Import Report allows you to view a past Profile Import's results including profiles updated, added, and deleted, as well as errors that occurred during the import.
How to Access
Navigate to Database > Profile Import. Once there, click on Profile Import Report
Using the Profile Import Report
1. To view a profile import report, click on the Import ID on the far left.
2. Once inside the report, view the Report Details section.
- Import ID: Each import has its own unique ID
- Date: Reflects the date the Profile Import occurred
- Status: This area lets you know whether the report is incomplete or complete
- User: Lists the MC Professional Admin who completed the import
- Data File: A downloadable link to the original import file
- Profiles Updated, Added, Deleted: The number of profiles updated, added, or deleted via the import
- Errors: The number of errors that occurred during the import
3. Next to Filter Profiles, choose to filter by Updated, Added, Deleted, and/or Errors.
4. To correct errors from the import, use the Export Rows with Errors button on the right. This will allow you to correct errors without altering the successfully imported profiles. NOTE: There is not currently an option to roll back a profile import, so use this option to fix errors instead.
Common Import Errors
The most common import error is 'multiple matching users found.' This error, which can be viewed by clicking the 'View' link on an error row (pictured in the screenshot above) means the import found profile(s) in your database whose information matches the key field of your import. If you attempt to add a profile, and the username field is your key field, if someone in the system already possesses that username, the report will generate this error, as the username in question is not unique. The primary purpose of this is to prevent duplicates from being created.
This same error can occur when updating profiles if multiple profiles in the system share the key field's information. If three profiles all share the same email address, and you use email address as your key field, the system won't know which of the three profiles to update.
Please sign in to leave a comment.