Preparation, planning, and executing a virtual event requires just as much, if not more effort than an in person event. Here are some best practices that will help ensure your virtual event runs as smoothly as possible:
TEST. Once your setup is complete you absolutely must test every part of the process. You should be very well versed and confident in the technology you're using, as your speakers and attendees will not be. Specific items/workflows to test:
- Ability to register using registration form
- Ability to log in as an attendee
- Ability to view embedded Zoom webinar/meeting
- Ability to open Zoom locally,
- Ability to view ePly and Zoom attendance tracking (make sure you know what will be recorded in ePly and how to access attendance info in Zoom)
- Comfort with Zooms native settings. This is where your speakers should be presenting from and this is not a MemberClicks supported product.
- Train your speakers prior to the event. Schedule as many calls with them as necessary to ensure they understand how the event will flow and that they feel comfortable prior to the event.
- If you plan to use Zoom attendance tracking, know that it uses "Name" as the unique identifier.
- If embedding 3rd party apps know that we do not support those products, we simply allow you to embed the code they provide.
- Use the WYSIWYG in your AMS or ePly to create your content and then copy it to the Virtual Venue.
- Treat this experience as if you don’t have help. Know and understand exactly how the technology will work prior to the event with backup plans.
- You need to have access to Zoom status. If Zoom goes down, your event will be on pause until Zoom comes back and you can inform everyone appropriately. You will use an email to inform attendees.
- Ensure you have a Run of Show document prepared and shared with all responsible parties
Here is an outline of what we can and cannot help with preceding and during your virtual event:
- We will provide 1 kickoff/onboarding call
- We will provide documentation needed to be successful
- We will answer all questions prior to event during our normal help hours
- We will not provide day of support
- We will not offer Zoom support
Please sign in to leave a comment.